Friday, February 27, 2009

Mallards at Lake Eola

Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando

Maureen, Sara, and I spent a few hours at Lake Eola last weekend and found some real treasures. I showed you the domestic duck yesterday and today here are some precious Mallards. I know they are mallards because of the really great post by Steve B on Mallards and American Black ducks. If you don't know the difference you should check out this great post. You can really see some of the tips I learned about the white bars over and under the blue in their wings. Thanks for the post Steve. I really enjoy informative post that help me enjoy my birding even more.

I hope yall enjoy these shots and I know you will love Saturdays Camera Critter this week. It was a special treat for me and I am sure you will agree.








Thanks for stopping by and I really love your comments.


Craig

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the colors in the males but I did not know they came without heads too!! :)

Kallen305 said...

Craig, your photos are fantastic! I love the 1st one where it is shaking off the water and the last couple where you can really appreciate the texture and complexity of their wings.

Shellmo said...

I just loved seeing the female mallard tucking herself in for a nap! Great photos!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great shots.Somehow Mallards are quick to show the 'bottoms up' pose.LOL
Blessings,Ruth

Leedra said...

I love it when they stick their head straight down, which puts their butt straight up. LOL! The one you put at the top is excellent! You need to leave it for a while.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Tina said...

I love the picture of the female mallard sitting on the edge of the pond...all tucked in for a nice little nap! Such wonderful patterns and colors! Looks like you had a really nice outing and definitely got some great shots!!

Michele Wassell said...

I just love the last photo and the photo of your blog title.. :) It's a great one and unique.. I am getting into bird photography (birds) little more as time goes on lately. :)