Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wiseguys

Silver Springs






As you may have guessed I picked up a disk load of material on our trip to Silver Springs. M and I had a nice relaxing day strolling through an almost empty park since it was on a Thursday. There were a few bus loads of field trippers but they had color coated t-shirts and traveled in easy avoidable packs.

One interesting site was Silver Springs’ impressive displays of an avian nature. They were peppered through out the park and you simply can’t help but stop at each station and admire them. I guess like any group, much like our blogging community there will always be a couple of wiseguys to stir up the peace and cause trouble. This is a story of just such a case.

WiseGuy: Brawk! Hey FatBoy!
I: What the he…??
I to M: Who said that? I am about to pop somebody up side the head…
M: ~laughs~
I: Who you calling FatBoy, birdbrain!
WiseGuy: Brawk! FatBoy! Brawk!
M points at sign: “Don’t touch, we bite”
I to M: I am not going to touch him; I am going to pinch his head off!
I to WiseGuy: I bet you taste just like chicken!
WiseGuy: Brawk! FatBoy! Brawk!
M: ~ROFL~
I to M: I don’t see what’s so funny. How rude?
I: ~takes WiseGuy’s picture for later review~
M and I: ~Walk away, while M tries not to spit her Diet Coke out~

WiseGuy: Brawk! CYA FatBoy! Brawk!

M and I started our new diet this week. M of course is only participating for my benefit as she is quite perfect as she is! She prepared a lovely dish just last night with bits of …. Errrr…. Chicken, yea it was chicken!

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig Glenn

PS. No animals were eaten in the making of this post.





Camera Critters

18 comments:

dAwN said...

Hee hee..glad u didnt eat animals while posting..how vulgar that would have been :)
I eat all my animals before posting..sometimes a bit after..but never never during my postings:)
Nice shot and commentary!
Good luck on the chicken diet!

missbreezysbox said...

How appropriate. We just had chicken snacks in our house. You will get bored quickly, how about some tuna? Tuna is very good for you. Love the picture. You are very funny.

Craig Glenn said...

Dawn: Thanks for stopping by. All the birds were really beautiful. I have a few more to post later. Nothing like a trip to a nature park for blogging fodder.

MissB: Great to hear from you again. Tuna is out for me since I am alergic to fish. eating healthy is not that hard the hard part is doing the exercise.

Craig Glenn

Gaelyn said...

First the picture, then the eating. Very funny post. Good luck with the diet Craig.

scot said...

ROFLMAO... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Did he nail that one or not!!! ROFLMAO.. I LOVE IT, FATBOY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stop it, my sides are hurting...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

FATBOY!!!!!! Here, FATBOY, try a Granola Bar!! ROFLMAO!!!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Love this one Craig. It seems like the older we get, the harder it is to loose those extra pounds. I have found that swimming is one of the best forms of exercise and you do have that lovely pool. Good luck in it.

BTW ignore your brother he is just being....well your brother. Pesky people at best. :)

Elaine said...

Sounds like you had a good time at Silver Springs, well, except for that wiseguy. Good luck on the new diet.

Sashindoubutsu said...

Beautiful picture! They should be thankful they weren't chickens! LOL!^^

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craig: A little bickering back and forth can help.

jabblog said...

Oh my - I bet they made you jump!
Great photo of the terrible twins. I love your header too.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Wonderful photo and clever conversation. Reminds me of our parrot Esmerelda who could talk your EARS off!
Hugs and blessings,

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful picture!
Happy Camera Critters
purrs and love
Luna

i beati said...

pop of color sandy

Denise said...

Are you sure it was chicken? ;) Great photo!

The Write Girl said...

Hey Craig,

I love the photo. It sucks that people have to be so rude. Anyway, I enjoyed your story telling and humor.

Sreddy Yen said...

LOL~! Thanks for sharing this with us :o) I like the photo of the birds too~!

scot said...

I wasn't being rude... but I'm still laughing. this bird is my new best friend, At least until he makes a bald joke, then he's dinner.

jalynn01 said...

Love the 'bird talk'... I eat chicken ALL the time and if you get tired of it I'll email you some great recipes. I have tried them ALL!!