Sunday, October 4, 2009

Search for the Bug Lady Part 1

The adventure begins...

I have been MIA.  I know this has been tough on everyone, I know this from the overwhelming amount of email that has poured in over the last month.  Ok, it was only one but I can tell I was missed.  Well actually it was not even about my absence at all.  It was from mama and she wanted to know when I was coming to visit, but I digress...

I am sure you're curious about where M and I have been.  Well I have put together several post to tell just that story.  M and I loaded up little Sara and went on a safari to find the world famous Bug Lady from south Africa.   Here is the map we used.  Note how I drew myself a pointer back to Florida so we could find our way back home.






We have known the Bug Lady for some time now through blog land.  M decided it was time for us to up and go on a trip so I suggested we pay her a visit.  Getting to Africa was quite an adventure in itself but I will start the tale at the point we arrived in Africa. The first critter we ran into was a Meerkat.  So we stopped and asked if he knew where the Bug Lady lived.  He said he did and turned his little head to the North and said go that way.  So we did.

 


This is only the beginning of an exciting African adventure filled with many African critters.  So stay tuned and watch as the search for the mysterious Bug Lady continues.

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig Glenn




11 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! What a WONDERFUL post my friend. LOVE it and will follow it to see if you ever find this elusive Bug Lady. I hope she has chocolate cake and coffee waiting for when you arrive. :)

Leeloo's mum said...

O Craig, I can't wait to read all about you and M's adventures in Africa with the Bug Lady! This is so exciting!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This should be a fun adventure.
Ruth

Gaelyn said...

What a grand adventure. I'll be curious about how you found that Bug Lady and then I'll know how to find her too. Please don't leave out any details.

missbreezysbox said...

Are you sure the arrows pointing the right way on the map? Hehe. Obviously you made it back. Did you leave bread crumbs as well? We just discovered a cricket in our kitchen. Can you ask the bug lady how to get it out of it's hiding spot? This will be interesting and mysterious. I have a new blog home.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craig: No wonder you were missing in action, WOW a months trip to see Joan. This has to be a great adventure and I can hardly wait to see the results of this search. I see you used your Better Science skills to find the way with your animal guide. This should be a great BS trip.

Craig Glenn said...

Joan: Hi, I think you will love this story and most likely recognize many of your friends along they way. The all seemed to know exactly who you were! LOL

Leeloo's Mum: So glad to have you back for a visit. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!

Ruth: Hi Ruth and Jake! We did have quite an adventure and I can't wait to tell the whole story...

Gaelyn: LOL Thanks but I am not sure you would be safe using ME as a guide! LOL

MissBreezysbox: Well we did find our way home even though the bread crumbs floated away... That or someone ATE them!

Tom: As you well know Tom, Africa can be and exciting and dangerous place to visit. I really had to use some of you knowledge and experience from when you went looking for her too.

Thanks everyone and stay tuned for more!

Craig Glenn

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

This sounds as if it is going to be fun. Can't wait to see the rest of my friends you met up with. OF COURSE everyone know Bug Lady. :)

Missbreezybox: you are not going to have much luck getting him out. They only come out at night and as soon as you switch the light on, it is gone. I might suggest if he is in a place you can see that you try squirting soapy water in there, he will probably come out and if you are lucky you can trap him in a box or throw a cloth over him and so get him outside. :)Good luck!!

scot said...

So this explains why you did not come over and drink beer with me the other weekend. You were out exploring the Serengeti.
How did you ever overcome your fear of flying and bugs?

Next time you take a three day weekend to another continent, let me know. I will go hang out at your house and use the pool.

Craver Vii said...

Welcome back! I hope this meerkat pointed you in the right direction. Word on the street is that they are fun guests at parties, but notorious liars.

HANNIBAL said...

I can't wait! You can always spin a mystery Craig! How exciting!