Monday, October 12, 2009

Search for the Bug Lady Part 3

A familiar face...

Welcome back to our story friends.  We left our story with brave little Sara getting some much needed correct directions from Mr. Giraffe to help with our search for the celebrated Bug Lady.  So we continued our adventure armed with renewed excitement and anticipation when little Sara asked M and I, "Does the Bug Lady only capture bugs?"

"No, little one, the bug lady is also a world renowned safari guide and has seen and photographed all of Africa's most amazing and dangerous critters," I answered the wide eyed little girl.

Then Sara asked, "Why do they call her the Bug Lady then?"

"That's a great question Sara," I said, "we shall definitely ask her this when we find her!"

This is when we meet our old friend Mr. Meerkat.




"Hello Mr. Meerkat" M said with an evil hungry tone in her voice.  It had been some time since our last meal.

"I bet they are not bad with a little BBQ sauce," I said. 

"So, did you find her? LOL LOL LOL" ask they sly little Meerkat.

Some time later...

"You were right daddy" Sara said licking her lips, "they are tasty!"

Just kidding people... they are much to quick!

Actually we had a nice meal in a nice village.  We asked about any Bug Lady sightings and were about to get some key information when a there was quite a panic!  A man come riding his bicycle into the village and jumped off and climbed straight up a tree!





"Excuse me sir" I asked looking up, "what is all the fuss?"

He directed our attention with a point of his crooked finger to our left.




So we mounted our Camels and had to leave the tiny village.  Oh my, we were so close to getting some good Bug Lady information too.  Oh well, that's the breaks in Africa.  We continued our journey to the south, in search of the Bug Lady. 

I hope you enjoyed our African adventure for today.  Sara, M, and I will be back soon with more exciting stories and photo's soon!

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig Glenn

11 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my!! I was holding my breath in anticipation of you getting the information you so desperately needed. What now? With the meerkats eated, it seems that there are no more leads....

Oh dear, dear, dear...maybe little Sara will come up with a good plan. She is so clever....

LOL!!

A lovely post with beautifu pictures. Thanks my friends. Hugs.

Craig Glenn said...

It was very exciting indeed! Thanks Joan, and believe me, we would have made it out of there alive if Sara hadn't been along!

Craig

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craig: I didn't know she was that elusive, could be she is taking a walk-about in the bush. I didn't learn that from The Discovery Channel, actually from Crocidile Dundee. I'm sure you will have better luck the further you go South since she is from South Africa, I did learn that from The Discovery Channel. If you spot a Dung Beetle she won't be far away. They really have all the poop on the situation down there.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Yes I agree, Sara has been a huge help so give her a hug for me please.

Tom: Only Australians go walkabout. I was told the other day they someone would like to see me wrestling a crocodile. LOL!! "They have all the poop on the situation"? LOL!! LOVE it!! :)

dAwN said...

Why why did that fellow riding the bike climb the tree???...what was he pointing at??? suspense!

Thank goodness u didn't eat that critter with BBQ sauce! I understand the combination of Meerkat and BBQ sauce is lethal...

better to puree the little fella and make a good creme brulee..they have a mild Carmel taste and a crispy crunch.

Look forward to more of this adventure.

Gaelyn said...

I agree with Dawn, pureed merkat is best, no BBQ sauce. That little Sara is so smart, really a good thing you brought her along. Hope you have better luck getting info on the Bug Lady further down the road.

Craver Vii said...

Where has my comment gone? I thought I left one here yesterday.

Anyhoo, lemme get this right: A man with a crooked finger went straight up a tree while you were looking around for Bug Lady? Got it.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Phew!! I am glad you got it worked out at last Craver. You almost had me worried there for a moment that we would loose you along this journey. :)

Kelly said...

hahaha......I was doing okay until I read the bicycle bit--then I LOL'd. (Also...thanks for the Tweet!!! I don't tweet yet...don't know how...I'm so old, but I'm going to learn. Tonight! :-)

Sreddy Yen said...

LOL LOL - this is so funny! I really hope that you enjoyed your trip to South Africa!

Leeloo's mum said...

LOL great post, this is a great story! Can't wait until you find the Bug Lady :)