Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Botany Photographs from Lyonia Preserve









Photographs taken by Craig Glenn at Lyonia Preserve in Volusia County Florida.

About Lyonia Preserve:
Lyonia Preserve is a 360-acre joint project of Volusia County's Land Acquisition and Management Division and the Volusia County School Board to restore and maintain scrub habitat. Since 1994, restoration efforts have removed overgrown sand pines and opened up the understory, creating the characteristic bare sand areas with low-growing vegetation preferred by scrub species.

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig Glenn

3 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Lovely photos and believe it or not, my favorite is the cactus!!
Sandi

Craig Glenn said...

Thanks Sandi, it's mine too!

I see you live in SC. My daddy was born and raised in Union, SC.

Thanks for the visit and comment!

Craig

drunkerton said...

Nice pictures. I think I also like the cactus best.