Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lantana, the Florida weed...

This will be the first in a series of three post dedicated to Maureen and the hard work she has put into our new backyard. If you are new to my blog, we bought a foreclosure back in Feburary of this year. Maureen is quite the gardener and I want to share with you some of the color from our December flowers. We will start with what she calls the Florida weed, Lantana. I think it is a pretty flower but she may be right about one thing, it certainly grows like a weed!




This plant attrackes may bees, butterflies, and even humming birds. Here is Mr Bumble Bee!

I included this shot of the brown anole. He just grabbed a bug from the flower blossom and is having a bit of a snack.


Extra points for whoever can find Darby in these photo's. Hint: Darby is our Golden Retriever.


Thanks for stopping by and check back soon for part two of our humble backyard.

Craig

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful flowers.We have had snow and blowing snow all day,so I needed some sunshine,
.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

scot said...

so was Darby outside with you? Can't tell if it is a reflection or she was inside looking out.

I do see you reflection, nice shot.

Justin said you are smart. He likes the way you describe things, like Mr. Bumblebee...

Craig Glenn said...

Scot and Justin found Darby! I think that was the cool part of the shot. He was inside looking out at me and I was outside taking the picture. I didn't even know he was there. Maureen pointed him out to me after I had posted the picture.

Thanks Justin!

Craig