Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Return to the berry tree and the unknown birds...

I made another trip to the berry tree on my daily lunch walk, after a healthy lunch of carrots and chicken noodle soup. Also, it's almost time for my next cholesterol check. I hope all this birding has paid off. We will know the day after Christmas. Whatever the outcome, rest assured; I am still blogging and taking pictures of nature! There is way too much fun to be had in the field with a lens with birds and critters to be captured.

So, on to the birds; I am pretty sure I got some shots of the previous mystery bird. I know that all of these are not the same, so good luck experts. Are you up to the berry tree challenge? Hap and Richard have suggested flycatchers, but to their credit, they needed much better photo’s. I think these are a little better and look forward to your comments.
You can refer to the previous berry tree post here.

Unknown number 1:

Unknown number 2: could this be a palm warbler?

Unknown number 3:


Unknown number 4:


Unknown number 5:


I do hope these photo's will help and are better than the last.

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig

11 comments:

Shellmo said...

not a bird i'm familiar with but must be a warbler! (Birding is good exercise! keeps me out walking for hours!)

dAwN said...

Good luck finding out what your birdies are...
My husband lowered his cholesterol with a combination of certain vitamins.. gugglelipids,
niacin, garlic, and a few others...good luck...

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Great shots! Wish I could help. This time of year the plummage (is that the right word) can change so I wonder if this bird looks like this year round. I just attended the Georgia Colonial Coastal Birding Festival in Jekyll in October...a lot of fun! Good luck figuring this one out...I'll be back to see if you do. :-) Susan

Leedra said...

Got me! I am not as good at this as I wish I were.

scot said...

I don't know bro. But grandma would sure fuss at us when we were kids when she would catch us sneaking up on these birds with our BB guns.

"Don't you shoot my song birds!! I'm gonna tan your hides"

Richard said...

If these are all the same bird, then #5 picture may be the best for an ID. I'm not the best person for an ID of birds in winter plummage but I would venture a guess of a Palm Warbler.

Richard said...

Sorry...forgot to add why I came to ID of Palm Warbler. In #5, bird appears to have a brown crown;long-tail; a dark eye-line and a long pale eyebrow; and also appear to have yeallow around the base of the tail. It as you watched the bird it constantly pumped it's tail up and down, then Palm Warbler is probably the bird.

Dave's Bird Watching Blog said...

Hmmmm...have to do some research. Hope the cholesterol check goes well!

david mcmahon said...

G'day Craig,

Hope your thumb is better after the incident with the hammer! In reply to your question, the vegetables at the front of the picture are aubergines. (I think).

The shot was actually taken from a moving car!

Tina said...

Craig,
Wow, that tree sure is busy with a lot of different birds. Good luck. Once I start opening those bird books I'm done for the day..lol Keep us posted on what you find out!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Craig, Good luck with the cholesterol.. You need to talk to hubby George (adamsge@mac.com) to find out how he dropped his cholesterol significantly!!!!!

Great bird pictures. I have no idea what they are either.
Betsy