Thursday, December 18, 2008

What is traffic to an Egret?...

and do they really care what county they are in?

This is the drainage ditch I speak so much about. It is only minutes away from my office building. If you look closely in the ditch, you can see a Wood Stork eating away and a white Egret flying down the water trail looking for a better spot. As you can see they are not troubled by the daily grind whatsoever.

This ditch is quite the eco system. Just on this day while driving by, well creeping by, I say a little blue heron, a wood stork, turtles poking their heads up, mallard ducks, and of course the white egret. Feel free to click and enlarge the photo for a better look.


Happy traffic everyone!
Craig

7 comments:

dAwN said...

Sometimes traffic can be a blessing...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is so cool to have all this wild life right alongside the traffic.I think other motorists would hate me as I would have to slow right down or stop to look and take pictures.
Have fun.Blessings,Ruth

scot said...

Thanks for the shot, but you were already caught on tape. Local6 traffic chopper caught you on the side of the road snapping pictures. 3 mile backup for some guy taking pictures.

Chopper Dave, what is happening now? Well, Suzy, it appears the man is running into traffic and being chased by a mad stork!!

Craig Glenn said...

My brother is so funny. Everybody knows chopper Dave is from channel 9.

Craig

Leedra said...

Craig, love you reply to your brother. Gave me a great laugh!

david mcmahon said...

So what about the heron aid? (Sorry, I couldn't resist that!)

Craig Glenn said...

Oh David, you are going to r egret that one!